O R F
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Closed] Mere trivialties

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty [Closed] Mere trivialties

Post  Ketic Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

deGray surveyed the fresh pick of students. He could not understand what his assistant was thinking. These fifteen year old boys were scrawny and lanky, not sturdy and large like a battleschool boy should be. Sighing, he nodded to his assistant. I just hope they bulk up.. He walked back to his office, wishing he were back out on the plateau and not hidden inside a castle. The day to day life of being the Battleschool master was trivial at best. Size up some recruits then go to the office and pretend to look at paperwork. The new recruits won't arrive for another six months.. I hope I can survive this place that much longer. deGray had been serving as Battleschool master ever since Lord Alister had saved his life after he had fallen from his horse.

deGray sighed yet again. I need an apprentice before I get any older, and none of those twigs out there look like they could even take a hit. After taking a swig of water from his large mug, he walked back outside and looked at the second year recruits. They would be graduating this year, yet none of them impressed him. He wanted to see some natural talent, not forced movements and faltering concentration. deGray inhaled the outside air, loving the smell that came from the kitchen. Perhaps the problem is the kitchen... The kitchens were right next to the battleschool, and practically anyone could scale the small stone wall that surrounded the school. If the students were sneaking food, it would explain the lumbering grace that nearly every single one of the second years exhibited. Maybe a change of scenery would liven things up. deGray silently prayed for his request to be granted as he walked towards Lord Alister's tower.

Last edited by Ketic on Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty IM AM NO HORSEMAN

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

"Well this pony doesn't react well, and I hate high places." Muradin called back to deGray. He kept riding grumbling to him self, still wishing he had some good ale to drink. "So where is this place?"
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Oh my

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 pm

"You've never been to the Karou Plains?" deGray asked, genuinely surprised. "Well they are a day or two away from here if we ride at the pace we are going now. Anyways its not the plains that matter, its that the only safe way into the Ringing Forest is through the plains. Once we get out of the hills we will make camp." deGray paused and looked back at Muradin. "Once we are at camp..." The Battlemaster fished in his pack and pulled out a jug of ale. "We can drink this." He grinned and kept riding.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty WELL THEN LETS GO

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Muradin almost gasped at the sight of the jug.

"WELL THEN LETS GET TO CAMP!" Muradin almost hollered and jabbed the pony hard in the haunches, he pulled him self close to the back of the horse. Slowly gaining speed he started to pass deGray.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Stamina

Post  Ketic Thu May 20, 2010 6:55 pm

"Easy." deGray cautioned Muradin "A man of your size pushing the horse that fast.. Well the horse wouldn't last long." deGray sped up a little though, and gritted his teeth angrily as more rain began to fall.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty SORRY

Post  Barley Thu May 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Muradin stopped accelerating, and looked up at the dark storm clouds that began to unload their load of water. He mumbled to himself as he kept riding, all he wanted was some ale.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Uncomfortable

Post  Ketic Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm

// PC Camp

It turned out that camp was just a small dip in the ground scarcely hidden by a few scraggly bushes. To deGray it was heaven on plateau though. Now that he was outside the castle walls everything seemed brighter, more full of hope. That was until Muradin had drunk the whole flask of ale...

"So hows your stomach now that you have had some bread and ale?" deGray asked, feeling content after the evening meal.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty GREAT

Post  Barley Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 pm

"It feels great to have some good ale in me." Muradin replied burping, and spreading out his bedroll. "So when will we head out next?"
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Sleepy

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 6:40 pm

"Well I'm tired." deGray said after Muradin finished speaking. "We will head out before sunrise. I am going to take first watch." deGray grabbed a shortsword from out of nowhere and left the small dip in the ground. He turned back and whispered "I'll wake you soon."
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty TAKE WATCH

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Muradin awoke when deGray shook him and told him it was his turn to take watch. Muradin grumbled as he climbed to his feet and picked up his axe and stepped out of the dip.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Morning

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Rowan sat up when Muradin re-entered the dip after his watch. "Time to go I guess." The Battlemaster began packing up his gear, but fastened an extra sheath on his back. We might run into trouble today.. He turned to Muradin once he was done preparing. "Ready?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty READY AS ILL EVER BE

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Muradin wiped off his battle axe and saw deGray had another blade sheathed.

"We gonna fight today?" Muradin asked excitedly.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Perhaps

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 pm

"Perhaps." Rowan grinned. "But I am really just preparing for the worst." He jumped onto his horse and waited as Muradin got on his own horse. He dug in his heels and brought the horse to a canter.

"Look." deGray pointed as they crested a hill. Miles and miles of plain stretched out before them. "We can't see it yet, but in front of us is the Ringing Forest. I think that is where we are going to end up.." The Battlemaster paused to think then continued, "That way is the crater, which is our first destination... besides camp that is."
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Re: [Closed] Mere trivialties

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Muradin Grunted to degray to let him know that he was listening. They were nearing the crater by sun down and set up camp. Muradin pulled out some bread and started to eat it as he grumbled about having no ale.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Second watch

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

"You wanna take first watch this time?" deGray asked. "I have no problem taking it though, since after all you have been awake longer than me." He shot his hand into his pack and pulled out a block of cheese. The Battlemaster broke it in half with one hand and tossed a half to Muradin. "Goes good with the bread." He mumbled through a mouthful.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty MMM CHEESE

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 pm

"Yeah I'll take first watch." Muradin said munching on the cheese and bread. After he was done he grabbed his axe and got up and stepped out of camp.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Attackers

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 8:10 pm

The Hunter flicked his wrist and four men left their camp in the ravine. The intruders traveling would soon be taught fear.

-

deGray opened an eye at some sound he didn't recognize. He poked Muradin, who was on watch, but motioned for him to be quiet. "Quick pretend to be asleep."
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty WHAT IS IT I'LL KILL THEM

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Muradin got down and pretended to sleep.

"What is it?" Muradin whispered to deGray.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

"That noise doesn't belong here.. Listen." deGray quieted himself and listened to the slow approach of footsteps.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty 4 OF 'EM

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Muradin listened and heard that there was not only 1 but 4 of them.

"Theres four, should I kill 'em?" Muradin whispered back to deGray as the footsteps approached.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Wait..

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

"Wait til they get closer. Slice the legs." deGray waited until the assailants were nearly upon them, then jumped up and sliced at one of the men, catching him across his knees. The man fell down, and the Battlemaster spun to attack another one.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty CHOP TILL YOU DROP

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Muradin grunted as he hacked off both the legs off one man in a few quick swings. Then turned to the other who was apparently laughing at his size, Muradin's eyes narrowed and he swung his axe at the intruder.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Lethal

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

deGray and Muradin dropped the last two, then deGray walked over to the one with sliced knees.

"I'm gonna ask him who sent him." deGray pulled off the man's mask and sighed. The man's mouth had been stitched shut and he had pale white skin as if he had never seen sunlight without his mask on. "So much for words." Rowan quickly dispatched the man then turned to Muradin. "Lets keep going, after all we don't want to be ambushed a second time in our own camp, do we?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty AGREED

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 pm

"I agree." Muradin stepped away from camp after packing up and waited for deGray.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties - Page 2 Empty Keepin on

Post  Ketic Tue May 25, 2010 9:53 pm

deGray completely ignored the crater as they galloped past it, heading straight for the forest. He knew where that man had come from, and he had a hunch who had sent him. Rowan glanced behind him and saw that Muradin was keeping up, but he looked confused about why they were riding so fast. The Battlemaster pushed his horse on even faster, leaning down in the saddle as he rode towards the edge of the forest.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Barley Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Muradin was trying his best to keep up with the battlemaster, he wasn't the best with horses. Muradin wondered why they were in such a rush to get to the forest.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next