O R F
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Closed] Mere trivialties

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty [Closed] Mere trivialties

Post  Ketic Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm

deGray surveyed the fresh pick of students. He could not understand what his assistant was thinking. These fifteen year old boys were scrawny and lanky, not sturdy and large like a battleschool boy should be. Sighing, he nodded to his assistant. I just hope they bulk up.. He walked back to his office, wishing he were back out on the plateau and not hidden inside a castle. The day to day life of being the Battleschool master was trivial at best. Size up some recruits then go to the office and pretend to look at paperwork. The new recruits won't arrive for another six months.. I hope I can survive this place that much longer. deGray had been serving as Battleschool master ever since Lord Alister had saved his life after he had fallen from his horse.

deGray sighed yet again. I need an apprentice before I get any older, and none of those twigs out there look like they could even take a hit. After taking a swig of water from his large mug, he walked back outside and looked at the second year recruits. They would be graduating this year, yet none of them impressed him. He wanted to see some natural talent, not forced movements and faltering concentration. deGray inhaled the outside air, loving the smell that came from the kitchen. Perhaps the problem is the kitchen... The kitchens were right next to the battleschool, and practically anyone could scale the small stone wall that surrounded the school. If the students were sneaking food, it would explain the lumbering grace that nearly every single one of the second years exhibited. Maybe a change of scenery would liven things up. deGray silently prayed for his request to be granted as he walked towards Lord Alister's tower.

Last edited by Ketic on Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty TELL ME YOU NAME HORSEMASTER AND ILL TELL YOU MINE.

Post  Barley Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Muradin trudged over the foot hills that were getting larger. he reached a very steep hill that he started go up, but he was not even half way when gathering storm clouds dumped water like millions of sponges being ringed out. The hill becam slippery and footing was scarce, when muradin slipped and slid to the bottom of the hill. Grumbling profanities, he scrambled up the hill to the top, where he saw salvation. There was a castle, most likely a lord's, but he must take his chances to enter the castle to escape the heavy rain.
He approached the castle gates, seeing no guard at the post he decided to yell.

"HO! ANYONE THERE!" he hollered over the constant pitter patter of the rain.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty 'Stranger'

Post  Ketic Fri May 14, 2010 6:49 pm

deGray smiled. He had barely made it inside Alister's tower when the rain started to fall. Climbing the stairs quickly, he knocked on a large door once he had reached one of the higher floors.

"Come."

deGray opened the door and entered into a brightly lit study. Bookshelves lined the walls and in the center of the room was a desk and three chairs.

"Greetings Lord." deGray bowed a little, his rank in society relieved him from the oh so annoying task of kneeling before this man.

"Battlemaster," Alister smiled. "What can I do for you? Would you like some tea?" The aging Lord set down the papers he was reading and went over to a small table deGray had not seen and poured two small cups of tea.

"I would like to construct a temporary battleschool outside the walls of the castle, near the edge of the forest. I fear that most or at least some of the students have been stealing food from the kitchens. Normally I would not care but it seems to be affecting their performance, and I'm sure you don't want lazy knights my lord." deGray chose his words carefully, hoping Alister would see it his way.

"I see.." Alister handed deGray a cup of tea. "Well that can be arranged. Yes I rather like the idea of the students seeing what it is like to live on the edge of comfort next to the wilds."

"Thank you my lord." deGray got up, bowed a little again, then left the study as fast as he could. He served Lord Alister loyally but personally thought of him as a coward that could barely uphold his castle much less his land. As deGrey entered the courtyard he saw that no guards were near the gate, and he heard somebody yelling from outside. After quickly climbing into the guard tower he peered out into the rain. A stout man was banging on the large castle doors.

"State your name and loyalty, stranger!" deGray yelled over the wind and rain. It was shaping up to be quite a storm tonight.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty STUBBORN.

Post  Barley Sun May 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Soaked to the bone, Muradin pounded on the gates some more waiting for a reply. Finally a man peeked over the wall and yelled.

"If I tell you my name will you tell me yours?" Muradin asked.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Short

Post  Ketic Sun May 16, 2010 8:14 pm

"My name is Battlemaster Rowan deGray." deGray shouted as he watched the man wipe water from his eyes. "What do you want here stranger?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty TRAVELER.

Post  Barley Sun May 16, 2010 8:18 pm

"My name is Muradin Bronz, and I am a traveler seeking refuge and work, I have no loyalty with any lords." Muradin shouted back, water flooding his eyes from looking up.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Friend

Post  Ketic Sun May 16, 2010 8:23 pm

No loyalty? That was me once.. deGray said nothing but jumped down from the tower and grabbed the gate opening mechanism. It would normally take two large men to open the gate but deGray was no ordinary man. Grabbing it with both his hands, he spread his feet and began to hoist the gate. The veins and muscles bulged on deGray's hairy arms but the gate slowly rose until it was open enough to let the small man in.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty WE FEAST!

Post  Barley Sun May 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Muradin barely had to bend down to get under the gap under the gate. Once he had entered he looked up to the large man that had single handedly opened the gate.

"Now this is a formidable man!" Muradin stated out loud. "But can you eat like a formidable man?"
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty ..

Post  Ketic Sun May 16, 2010 9:03 pm

"What did you say?" deGray asked, not believing he had heard the man talk about eating. "I must take you to see Lord Alister!" he shouted over the still rising volume of the storm. He pointed to the tower just in case Muradin hadn't heard him. He jogged to the tower.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty HUNGER...

Post  Barley Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Muradin looked at the large man jogging toward the tower, he glanced at his grumbling stomach then huffed toward the tower.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Happyface Alister

Post  Ketic Tue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm

deGray led Muradin up and up, until he once again arrived at the lord's study. After knocking, deGray waited an unusually awkward moment next to the short man.
"Come in."

deGray opened the door and led Muradin into the study. "This is Muradin Bronz, my lord. He seeks shelter form the storm."

"A guest!" Alister beamed a large grin. "I am Lord Alister, pleased to meet you friend!" After vigorously shaking Muradin's hand, Alister turned to deGray. "Could you show him to the guest quarters? We haven't had a guest since you arrived Rowan, do you remember where they are?" Alister laughed.

"Yes my lord I remember they are next to the kitchens." deGray sighed.

"Good!" Alister clasped his hands together. "Well we shall speak more tommorow friend. You may go."

deGray led Muradin back down all the stairs then stopped at the bottom before exiting the tower. "So what do you think of him?" He asked.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty OPINIONS.

Post  Barley Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 pm

"Well... He is very.. open to strangers." Muradin said "I thought he would be more suspicious of me. Now were is the bed?"
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Rest

Post  Ketic Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm

deGray quickly showed Muradin to the guest quarters and then returned to his battleschool. He called a meeting and waited as students filed into the rainy courtyard. deGray announced where the new battleschool would be, and then without waiting for any comments, went to his room and slept as the storm battered the hills.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty FOOOD!

Post  Barley Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

The middle of the night, Muradin couldn't get any sleep, his stomach was grumbling nonstop. A tiny snack won't hurt. He crept out of his bed and tiptoed as best as a wide, heavy man could. Once in the hall he made his way to the kitchen, he had seen it on his way to his guest quarters. Muradin had reached the door, he jiggled the knob a few times to see if it was locked, nope, it was not locked. Muradin crept in as quietly as he could, chink! WHAT WAS THAT! Muradin looked down at his feet, and there was what had made the sound, a pair of homemade lock picks. He looked around the dark room, for the thief, he moved slowly into the room, he had trained with his fists before he could take any thief with his bare hands. Suddenly there was a shadow moving to the doorway, it was going fast but Muradin for his size was lightning, he pounced like a cat onto the figure.

"no please don't hurt me." cowering under Muradin was a chubby boy with clothes that read, apprentice. "I'm only an apprentice of deGray, I dont know how to fight well."

"Fine boy I won't hurt you." Said Muradin gruffly. "Just don't tell anybody I was here."

-------------------------------------------

The next morning Muradin arose and waited for deGray to come for him to take him to Alister.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Reports

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 pm

deGray took one last bite of bread then stood. A messenger had arrived in the night and Alister had been boarded up in his study all night. The battlemaster said a few instructions to his assistant then left for the guest quarters. Arriving at the door, he knocked quietly. I don't know why I'm bothering him.. Alister probably wont even see him today.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty THEY KNOW....

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Muradin was looking out the window to the out side, when there was a knock at the door. He opened it and saw deGray.

"so am I going to see him?" Muradin asked right away.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Tour

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

"No you are not." deGray muttered. "He received an urgent message in the night and has requested the whole day alone to think." The battlemaster paused, then grinned. "How about a tour?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty SALTED PORK?

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Muradin nodded.

"A tour would be nice, but first could I get some food to eat?" Muradin said glancing at his stomach, he had not had anything to eat since the morning yesterday.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Meal

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 8:36 pm

The Battlemaster nodded to Muradin and led him into the kitchens. He pointed to a seat for Muradin then went into the cooking room.

"My friend over there wants some food. Do you have anything thats already cooked?" deGray asked.

"Yes." A cook handed him some bread and a piece of pork.

Nodding his thanks, deGray exited the cooking room and set down the plate on the table in front of Muradin. He crossed his arms as he sat down across the table from the short man.

"So.. You mentioned last night you were looking for work. What kind of work?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty ANY KIND OF WORK

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Muradin ate the pork in record time, as he looked around for some thing to drink he said.

"Well I do any kinds of work, sweeping, cleaning, cooking, serving, writing, if you have bandits I could handle 'em, basically any thing that you could give me money for."
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Handy Interruption

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Just when deGray was about to reply with a joke, a guard walked over to their table.

"Lord Alister has summoned you both." The guard said in an over-formal tone.

"Yeah yeah." deGray stood up and exited the kitchen. He waited near the tower door for Muradin.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty SIGH NOT EVEN SOME BEER

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Muradin looked at the guard, sighed and got up. He followed deGray to Alister's tower.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Task

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm

"Come in." Alister sounded stressed.

deGray entered the room with Muradin close behind. "You asked to see us lord Alister?"

"Yes," Alister stood up from his desk. "I seem to remember Muradin was looking for work.. Well I have a job for you two."

deGray paused, wondering how to proceed. "Um, sir.. Is it a package deal? 'Cause I was going to start work on the new Battleschool today."

"Yes it is urgent and I need you there just incase Muradin decides to give up." Alister responded without pausing. "I received a message last night that informed me of some grave news... I need you two to ride out onto the Karou Plains and locate the old battleground. Follow any tracks you find there and see where they lead you."

deGray sighed quietly. Stuck for at least a few days with a man who so far spoke of nothing but food. "Well I'll go, but Muradin requires pay lord."

Alister turned to Muradin. "How much?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty FIGHTING PAYS FOR IT SELF

Post  Barley Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

"Well Lord, if you think there is going to be resistance then you can pay me 100 gold, I think fighting pays for it's self, but if there is going to be no resistance I would like 200 gold." Muradin said cooly.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Travel

Post  Ketic Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

// Hutrock Hill

deGray glanced behind him at Muradin. The Battlemaster slowed his horse and looked back at Lord Alister's castle. He was finally free.. For now at least. deGray turned to Muradin and smiled.

"So how do you like that pony there?" He joked. "Looks like it fits you well." He winked at the small man to show he was joking.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Mere trivialties Empty Re: [Closed] Mere trivialties

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next