O R F
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case 02: Seven Kegs

2 posters

Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Case 02: Seven Kegs

Post  Ketic Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Horace sighed. Not having a partner was still new to him, and now he was assigned to a property crime case. He was a detective but the property guys were on vacation, and he was still somehow the rookie.

The bar was trashed. There was broken glass everywhere, and all the chairs were scattered or tipped over. Horace approached the bar manager and smiled.

"Can you tell me what happened sir?" Horace asked.

"Well around.. six o' clock, a bunch of guys came in with guns." The manager wiped at the counter, then continued. "They told me to get on the ground, so I did and I couldnt see anything. I heard lots of things breaking and when I heard the door I looked around and they were gone."

"Ok. Did you get a good look at any of them?"

"No they were wearing clown masks... they took seven of my best kegs! Why would they do that?"

"I'll find out sir." Horace nodded to the manager then set to looking around for print and evidence.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Car chase already!?

Post  Ketic Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Earlier in the day, the young detective had received a tip that the beer thieves were foreign and new in town. Horace had narrowed it down with the help of an old friend, and now he was undercover and waiting outside the suspect's residence. A car pulled out of the driveway and turned onto the road, moving at what Horace guessed to be exactly the speed limit.

Horace put his undercover cruiser into drive and sped up to about 30mph. The car he was tailing was a Rolls Royce, and Horace watched as the old model Centurion pulled around a corner. He followed his mark slowly, making sure that there was plenty of space between the two cars. When Horace rounded the corner in his inconspicuous white sedan he yelled in surprise.

Two men were leaning out the back windows of the Rolls and both of them were holding handguns. The Centurion sped forward, quickly accelerating to above 65mph. Horace wasn't a bad driver, but he was finding it difficult to keep up and dodge other cars.

Then the gunshots started. Sharp bangs split the air; a sound Horace knew all too well. He swerved and nearly hit a kid, but he compensated and turned the other way down an alley. He turned right and was side by side with the Rolls. One of the men wielding pistols retreated back into the car. Horace was almost happy, but then the man returned holding a machine gun.

"You kidding me??" Horace shouted and swerved towards the Rolls. His car crunched up against the old model and stuck for a moment before he swerved back. The first gunman aimed his machine gun at Horace and the detective rammed the Rolls Royce again. He braked and something thudded against the side of his car. The man with the pistol hadn't been quick enough getting back into the car. Horace grimaced and swerved away. He watched as the body of the handgun bearer fell out from the window and another man took his place. Great now there were two machine gunners.

Well at least I know they are guilty of something. Horace drew his sidearm and stuck his left hand out the window. He fired a few rounds, then had to watch the road again. I hope I don't hit any civilians! Horace fired more rounds and he ducked as a spray of bullets peppered the side of his car.

Horace looked up and saw that there was a construction warning up ahead. Great.. Not cliche at all... To Horace's surprise, the Rolls turned onto the highway. The young detective braked and swerved, barely making it onto the on-ramp.

The Rolls sped up again and Horace matched pace. He was about to fire but another spray of bullets slammed into his car. This car won't last long if that keeps up. Horace switched lanes so there was a civilian car inbetween him and the Rolls. Horace knew this might endanger the civilian but he didnt care because the civilian was already in danger. Horace made sure he was clear, then he leaned his torso out the window. His right hand was on the wheel keeping him straight, and his left arm was outstretched perfectly straight as he took aim.

Bang! The man on the side of the Rolls that was closest to Horace gripped his side and let out a yell. He dropped his gun and retreated back into the car. The criminal on the other side retreated into the car, but came out on the side that was closest to Horace. The criminal's eyes widened then he laughed loudly at the detective.

Horace realized he hadn't been watching the road. He glanced back and realized that he was going to miss the exit ramp the criminals were taking. He swerved violently and rammed into a civilian's car.

"Sorry!" He braked and turned around, facing the oncoming traffic. Miraculously he dodged the cars and got onto the exit ramp.

Horace had to keep highway speed to catch up to the Rolls, but he had them surprised for sure. There were no criminals leaning out the windows and it seemed they were slowing down. Horace remembered something someone had said to him once. All or nothing.

Horace opened his door and took aim. Bang Bang Bang!!!! One of the back tires popped and Horace yelled in triumph. The Rolls swerved and fishtailed. As he braked, Horace grabbed his radio and called for backup. Before he was done on the radio, two men emerged from the upturned Centurion and began running.

"Dammit!" Horace jumped out of his car and booked it after the criminals. He pulled the radio off his hip and spoke into it as he ran. "The perps are heading north down 3rd street! I am in pursuit on foot!"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Vigilante

Post  Barley Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 pm

John exited the computer repair store with his fixed laptop, he stepped onto the side walk and grinned he hasn't had internet access for a month. His thoughts were cut short as two men with automatic guns slammed into him knocking him off balance, John's laptop flew out of his hands and hit the ground sending new laptop parts in all directions. Those guys look like criminals time to chase them, John got up and started running after the criminals.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Pavement and Iron

Post  Ketic Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am

Horace ran as fast as he could and he could see that the criminals were losing ground. What Horace didn't notice was that someone had joined the chase. Once he was closer Horace decided they might choose to surrender.

"Stop! Police! Stop now!!"

Horace's yelling only served to make him more winded. The criminals didn't even act like they heard him.

"Stop in the name of the law!" Wow I sounded stupid just then..

The detective faintly noticed that there was dirt beneath his feet and he realized they had run into the construction site. Now Horace noticed that another man was chasing the criminals. Only he seemed to be looking around in confusion.

"Did you see which way they got to, sir?
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty COnfuSion

Post  Barley Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:21 pm

"I think they went into the construction site." John shrugged and pointed towards the scaffolding and steel jungle. "Im not sure though."
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Nail guns...

Post  Ketic Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Horace nodded to the civilian and ran into the construction site. He looked around for a few minutes and was about to give up when bullets came whizzing past him, clanking into the iron bars near him.

"Woah!" Horace hit the floor as fast as he could. With a feeling of dread, Horace realized his gun wasn't in his holster. Not good...

The detective stood and sprinted over to a wall. More bullets came flying but Horace managed to get into cover before being hit. By some miracle of fate, Horace noticed the nail gun lying at his feet.

Please be loaded...
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Re: Case 02: Seven Kegs

Post  Barley Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:57 pm

John heard gun shots coming from the construction site, THAT GUY NEEDS HELP! He pulled out his sig-sauer from his armpit holster beneath his jacket and ran into the construction site. He spotted the perps shooting at the policeman. He dived into cover and moved his way toward the cop, once at the cop he showed the cop his concealed gun permit then started shooting at the perps. One of the perps was taken aback by the guy who suddenly had a gun and was shot in the arm.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty Another chase

Post  Ketic Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 pm

The nail gun was loaded and Horace fired a few shots experimentally. It seemed to work ok. He then heard the footfalls of the criminals running further into the construction site. Horace motioned with his head to the man helping him, and then started running after the criminals.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty FLASH BACKS SOMETIMES RUIN THE THRILL OF THE CHASE

Post  Barley Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:27 pm

John grunted and started running after the criminals. To John this was exciting he hasn't done something like this in a very long time. John almost flashed back to that time but he shook his head and kept his head in the game.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Horace realized only too late that he was on top of the whole construction, and he had a crazy fear of heights. He shakily took cover behind an unfinished concrete wall as another spray of bullets came at him. How much ammo could they have!? Horace fired the nail gun but realized that it didn't have the range required to even get close to where the criminals were taking shelter.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty TIME TO PROVE MYSELF!

Post  Barley Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:25 pm

John got down as the criminals shot at the policeman, he needed to get behind them. John crouched low and skirted a pile of steel beams. As he got to the end of the steel beams John frowned, there was about 10 feet of empty space to the next cover point. He took a breath and took a few steps back, still hunched, John moved as fast as he could. Once he reached the end of the steel beams he dived then rolled as best as he could without making too much noise over to the next cover. John knew that the criminals had seen him because one of them started firing his gun toward John. Chunks of concrete chipped away as bullets zoomed past. John snuck over to the cover point, he wasn't seen by the criminals, and he behind them enough so he got clear shot at them but can't hit the cop. John popped up from behind his cover point and took the shots aiming at the arms and legs.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Horace checked the cuffs on the two men then turned to the vigilante.

"Thank you for your help sir." Horace stuck out his hand. "I'm H- I mean Detective Parks."
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Case 02:  Seven Kegs Empty PEE EYE!

Post  Barley Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm

"No problem." John shook the detective's hand. "I'm private investigator John Grayson." John handed Parks a business card. "If you need me to investigate anything, I'm pretty good." Then John started to walk home.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Horace walked into the interrogation room and eyed the criminals. They both looked kind of scared actually.

"Why did you steal the kegs?" Horace asked, his eyes narrowed.

"That wasn't us." They said in unison.

"Why did you run and try to kill me then?" Horace shot back.

"That wasn't us." They said in unison.

"Dammit! I know it was you we found the beer on your property!" Horace slammed both his fists on the table and then brought his index finger an inch from one of the criminal's faces. "Confess."
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Barley Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:17 pm

Once John got home he took a shower. After the shower he went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took out the milk opened it and drank, he felt like a soda. John put his shoes and jacket back on and walked to the convenient store. On his way it started to rain heavily John pulled up his jacket collar and kept walking. He went back home in the pouring rain once he got a soda, he stripped off his jacket and shoes and played some video games.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Horace played with the card, flipping it between his fingers. A Private I, huh? Just what I need... The detective glanced at the clock. 10:21PM. He will still be up. Horace picked up his cell phone and quickly dialed the numbers on the card.

Thread END. Continued in 'Manhunt'
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down