O R F
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the mist

2 posters

Go down

In the mist Empty In the mist

Post  Ketic Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:55 pm

FULL MOON

Sasha held the lantern out at arms length as she stepped carefully over roots and foliage. She picked her way along the seldom used path until she reached a small grove off to the side of the path. Her garden was dark and she quickly breathed out an illumination spell. It floated from between her lips and hovered over the center of the small garden. Sasha bit her lip. She had been so busy lately that she had been unable to regularly visit her garden. Now Sasha had missed her opportunity for buds. I'll have to settle for leaves and roots. She nudged one of the rocks angrily with her foot as she regarded the weeds that had sieged her beloved garden. Sasha lowered to her knees and settled close to the garden. The pouch on her right hip came unfastened easily and she slowly began the process of harvesting the flora.

After about twenty minutes Sasha had to stand up. Her knees burned as they unhinged and she sighed. Thats enough middle of the night work for me. Sasha closed her satchel and then she was flying through the air. Her back slammed into the ground, grinding over roots and rocks as she slid across the dew soaked grass. Just after sucking air back into her lungs a yell of pain was ripped from her as her head smacked dully into a small boulder.

Sasha closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath as her adrenaline surged. Blue and white light burst from tiny bulbs all over the forest and for a split-second Sasha was surprised by the amount of magic in the forest. Then again it was the middle of the night on a full moon. She opened her eyes and the lights disappeared. It only took a fraction of a second to tap into the Source but in that time her assailant had closed the distance and was rearing for another strike. Power erupted from Sasha's hands and the attacker was illuminated in a bright blue flash. A werewolf.

She rolled to the left and her eyes caught sight of the werewolves long six inch claws rip the dirt where she had just lain. Sasha jumped to her feet and let out another blast just in time. The werewolf yipped and skidded backward a few inches but it was definitely not injured; just surprised. Sasha began to sprint the other way but as she began to move the werewolf regained its target. Pain exploded in her left hip as it hit her with its shoulder. She flipped to the ground and the wind was knocked out of her. Sasha put her hands up and let out three quick but powerful confusion charms. The werewolf froze in its reared up stance and that gave Sasha time to get out of the way of its killing claws. Shit shit!

Sasha got to her feet but immediately fell back down when she put weight on her left leg. She considered crawling but it would be futile. Instead, Sasha rolled over and drew in all the strength she had left. The black magic was easy enough to use and shadows flipped outward from her mouth and hands; the werewolf howled in agony as they wrapped around his giant frame. The shadows kept coming and Sasha's eyes widened in fear as she felt her energy being pulled from her. She was able to close her mouth but not her palms and soon the world started to shrink around her.

The smell of blood was heavy in the air when Sasha came to. There was blood and dirt caked to her face and one of her eyes was swelled shut. She looked around for the werewolf but it was nowhere to be seen. What just happened?
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

In the mist Empty Re: In the mist

Post  Barley Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Liam sprinted through the forest. He didn't think he could run this fast. He had escaped the compound, it was difficult but it was worth it, even sacrificing one of his buddies to escape. Now he was running like a wild animal that escaped its captors. Thats what he was to them, an animal.

Trees were a blur as he passed by them. Dodging low hanging branches and logs on the ground. The feds would be on him fast, he had to keep moving. Liam knew he had to keep going but some action nearby stopped him. He glanced behind himself, looking for movement. He spotted nothing, and moved toward the action.

Liam watched as a girl, a good looking girl, got the shit kicked out of her by some werewolf. She blacked out, and fell on the ground. Liam had enough and jumped out of the shadows. He jumped on the werewolf's back and sent some few thousand volts of electricity into the beast. It's body spasmed and it threw Liam off. The werewolf was recovering, when lightning jumped from Liam's finger tips and zapped the werewolf. Which sent it running off.

The girl was coming too. Liam glanced behind again for the feds. The girl hasn't seen him yet. Liam rushed passed her. He needed to get far enough away from the feds.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:54 pm

"Wait." Sasha croaked out, hearing the grass swish as her savior began to leave. "I don't think I can walk." Her hands frantically went to her right hip and she drew an amulet out of it. She slipped it on and sighed in relief as her pain numbed. Sasha propped herself up on her elbows and looked around. I guess whoever it was didn't hear me. Or doesn't care. How am I going to get home?
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barley Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Liam heard the girl talk. She sounded hurt. Liam stopped and stood for a second. He growled to himself and jogged back to the girl. "Do I have to carry you?" He said quickly. Liam kept checking the dark forest for movement.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum