O R F
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HERMIT CRABS

2 posters

Go down

HERMIT CRABS Empty HERMIT CRABS

Post  Barley Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 am

Dave rolled off the dirty mattress and onto the wood floor. He had lived in the abandoned town of Manila for most of his life and continues to live here into the outbreak. Dave even built a secret hideout in the attic of his two story house, where he sleeps and eats. Even building wooden walkways between houses for a quick route around town and safe from danger. He plans to connect every serviceable building int the town, completing his fortress, which is difficult for Dave because of his leg. Dave has gotten into the habit of being active only during the night. He peered out the grimy window to the quiet street below. Something wasn't right, the equilibrium of the town of Manila seemed unbalanced. Dave dressed, ate and grabbed his hunting rifle, knife and magnum. Dave exited his house onto one of his walkways and limped his way to the north edge of the town.

The walkways had ended and he continued on the ground. Dave limped along at a relaxed pace making sure to check his back every few steps and dark shadows. A deep long moan rattled his bones. Dave turned and saw an infected man shuffling toward Dave. Dave stood his ground and waited for the zombie to come closer. Dave pulled out his knife and shoved the blade into the zombie's eye socket and rapidly jiggled the knife, ensuring destruction of the zombie's brain. It collapsed to the ground limbs folding in on its self. Dave dragged the corpse to an alley on the side of the main road and set the body on fire. Dave stood watching the body burn.

Few hours later Dave found himself crouched staring at a parked red truck at the edge of town. This set alarm bells off with him. Dumb asses drive through the town shooting off guns and making as much noise as possible and attract a shit load of infected. usually they get over run and get eaten alive by the horde. This seemed different though, it was quiet. The morning sun was rising, Dave had been watching the house for hours waiting for something to occur. It was time to investigate.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

HERMIT CRABS Empty A footfall

Post  Ketic Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm

It was time to investigate.

Amber's eyes opened calmly and she took a deep sleepy breath. Ugh, mistake. The smell of the corpse upstairs was strong and Amber shook her head to get it out of her nostrils. She wasn't sure what time it was but she was awake now. Might as well move on... After I check the water one more time.

She rose from her spot on the floor and sighed, stretching. Her feet quickly carried her to the bathroom where she stood in front of the sink wistfully. Come on. Give me water! Amber turned the faucet violently and there was an even louder rumbling than the one from earlier. No water came out. Dammit! She kicked at the pipe angrily then left the bathroom. As she went back to her room her heart suddenly beat rapidly. A noise had come from the back porch.

Amber sprinted into the room where she had bedded down and grabbed the pocket knife up off the floor. She clicked it into place and in one fluid motion she was standing next to the doorway, waiting.
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

https://onlinerf.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

HERMIT CRABS Empty BREACHING

Post  Barley Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Dave limped swiftly onto the porch and stood beside the doorway back against the wall. He pulled out his magnum and held his knife backwards in his left hand and raised his arms in a crossed fashion, the knife hand under the hand holding the gun and pointed forwards. Dave crouched and peeked into the back window, nobody. He returned to the side of the door. After taking a few deep breaths he rushed in, he turned to check the sides of the door way and he came face to face with a girl, she was holding a pocket knife to him and he had his gun squared on her head.

Last edited by Barley on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

HERMIT CRABS Empty Re: HERMIT CRABS

Post  Ketic Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 pm

The stomping of shoes was plain to hear and Amber's breath caught she burst from the doorway, only to smack her forehead on a gun barrel; a knife in the large man's left hand pricked at her throat and she backed up hastily. A pocketknife would be no match for this man. Amber slowly lowered her pocketknife but kept her eyes locked on the newcomer. "Who are you?
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Barley Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:35 pm

The girl backed up quickly. "Who are you?"

She had lowered her pocketknife, Dave only lowered his knife but the soldier inside him said keep your gun raised, so he kept his gun pointed at her. "I'll tell you who I am, only if you tell me who you are and what you are doing here." His voice crackled, like a growl, from a long time of not speaking to anybody.
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketic Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:55 am

Amber frowned. She had lowered her knife but the man kept his gun trained on her. What a douche bag. Maybe he intends to shoot me still? She shifted her weight and took another step back, maintaining eye contact with the man. Amber's bag was at her feet now and sat down next to it, trying to think of some way she could get out of this situation and keep her belongings. "I'm not saying anything until you lower your gun," Amber growled back, trying to sound fierce but her voice cracked. "I lowered my knife didn't I?"
Ketic
Ketic
head in the clouds

Back to top Go down

Post  Barley Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Dave kept his gun trained on her head for a second then lowered it. He was reluctant at first but he could easily defend himself. "Now, you gonna tell me why you are here?"
Barley
Barley
Master Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum